Hunting down malicious Chrome Extensions on the local Linux computer...
Updated: Nov 4, 2020
Just a quick note to say I added a Github repo to try and keep a repository of malicious Chrome Extensions and a quick Linux script to check the local system. It seems there's a disconnect between when and extension gets pulled from the Chrome Web Store and when / if people check their local machines for those potential bad extensions still installed. So far, I haven't found a repo /effort where someone was doing this so I figured I'd start and if one does exist, contribute to that effort. My initial research produced 250+ malicious extensions so please feel free to check it out at https://github.com/mallorybowes/chrome-mal-ids !